As we begin the tax season, here are some reminders to help you make this year go smoother:
- Keep a box for documents where you open your mail. – You can drop in tax forms as you receive them.
- Go online to get electronic tax forms. – We live in an electronic world, some of your documents may no longer be mailed.
- Go through your checkbook and list all tax payments. – The majority of tax notices are due to incorrect tax payment amounts.
- Make lists of charitable contributions or other deductions you’ve made during the year.
- Please tell us if you had any life changes in the current tax year. – New homes, new jobs, new investments or new babies.
- Send us any tax notices you received during the year.
- Stay in touch. – Respond promptly to information requests, and expect the same from us.