Manager of Business Valuation, Forensic Accounting, Litigation Support
After successful academic and athletic careers at Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina, Elizabeth Petrie entered the professional world in 1983 as a Staff Accountant at KPMG Peat Marwick in Cincinnati, Ohio. Using her trademark tenacity and easy interpersonal skills, Beth rose through the KPMG ranks to become a Manager in the Auditing Practice in four short years. After two additional years in that role, she decided to leave the firm to raise her young family full-time.
Fifteen years and four children later, Beth rejoined the work-force in 2005 as a Financial Analyst for a boutique Consulting and Litigation Support firm in Columbus, Ohio. Beth quickly re-acclimated to industry, deepening her existing Accounting skill-set while simultaneously broadening her capabilities to include Business Valuation and other Litigation-related diligence.
Beth joined Clarus Partners in the winter of 2013, bringing with her relevant professional experience, a passion for driving client results, and enthusiasm to become part of the close-knit Clarus team. Beth prides herself on connecting with her clients to quickly grasp the bigger picture, which allows her to efficiently filter out unnecessary information and solve nuanced problems.
Beth currently resides in Gahanna, Ohio, where she enjoys attending spinning class in her free-time, taking long walks with her dog, and visiting her children around the country.
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, Furman University, 1983
- Certified Public Accountant, Accountancy Board of Ohio, 1985
- Certified Valuation Analyst, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA), 2008
- Litigation Support
- Divorce Services
- Valuation of Closely Held Businesses
- Income Identification
- Tracing Separate Property
- Establishing tax consequences of division of property and spousal support
- Forensic Accounting
- Economic Damages
- Business Interruption
- Personal / Wage Loss
- Divorce Services
- Marital Divorce and Dissolution
- Estate & Gift Tax Planning
- Shareholder & Partner Disputes
- Business Planning & Decision Making
- Member, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Member, Broad Street Presbyterian Church
- Omicron Delta Kappa, National Leadership Honor Society
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges
- Female Student-Athlete of the Year, Furman University