Cheryl A. Fields
Cheryl has over 25 years of state and local tax experience specializing in the sales and use tax area. Her career started in 1993 when she joined Virginia Department as an examiner of individual income tax. She was promoted several times to tax collector for the business tax area, to the tax appeals specializing in sales and tax appeals and rulings and ending her career in state government as an auditor for sales and use tax division specializing in major corporations. After leaving state government, Cheryl has played major roles at Dollar Tree Stores, Inc. and The Wendy’s Company in their sales and use tax department.
Cheryl has worked with a number of taxpayers and clients in many different industries such as manufacturing, retail, construction, hotel and motel and the restaurant industry all with national portfolios. She has assisted companies with various sales and tax areas including implementing indirect tax software (OneSource Indirect Tax Determination Software formerly known as Sabrix and Vertex), implementing process improvements and mergers and acquisitions.
- B.S. in Government, University of Virginia
- MBA specializing in Accounting and Management, Strayer University
- Audit Defense
- Refund Reviews
- Sales & Use Tax Compliance
- Tax Research
- Administrative Appeals
- CMI (Certified Member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation)
- Member, Junior League of Columbus
- Member, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated – Alpha Sigma Omega Chapter
- Member, Leadership Dublin – Executive Program, Dublin Chamber of Commerce