CPA, CGMA, MT
Beginning her career in tax at Deloitte in 1994, Maggie spent four years in general tax consulting and compliance before specializing in managing large corporate tax department outsourcing projects responsible for corporate tax planning, compliance and financial reporting of taxes. In her nearly ten years with Deloitte, Maggie was a member of the firm’s national ASC 740 group and national tax outsourcing group, including leader of the Ohio Valley Region tax outsourcing team.
Beginning in 2002, Maggie began her academic career in the undergraduate Accounting program and its Masters of Business Administration program of Franklin University, and transitioned to Assistant Professor of Accounting in the undergraduate Accounting program at Ohio Dominican University in 2009 and then Capital University in its School of Management and Leadership in 2013. Concurrent with her academic work, in 2005 Maggie joined Brent Johnson when he started Johnson & Company, CPA’s, a business which delivered tax compliance, planning and financial reporting services to business clients, and subsequently merging with Clarus in 2007. In 2016, Maggie joined Clarus as a Director in its tax practice serving its corporate tax clients and providing technical expertise on significant tax matters for our clients. Maggie continues to teach the undergraduate tax courses at Capital University as an adjunct faculty member.
Maggie is actively involved in the accounting profession, including being appointed by Ohio Governor John Kasich as a board member of the Accountancy Board of Ohio for 2014-2021 term and presenting at local professional organizations.
- B.S. in Business with a concentration in accounting, The University of Dayton
- Master of Taxation, Capital University Law School
- ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes
- Business process implementation for effective tax compliance
- Corporate tax consulting and compliance
- Board Member, Accountancy Board of Ohio
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Former Executive Board Member, Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Founding Board Member of Columbus Association of Tax Professionals