Robert W. Evans
CPA/ABV, CFF, CGMA
Bob Evans’ practice includes complex transaction and income tax issues for privately-held businesses and high net worth individuals, with a focus on and experience in the following areas: business valuation, mergers and acquisitions, litigation support and tax planning and compliance.
Bob has prepared full business valuations and limited scope calculations of value for clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, construction, distribution, technology companies, restaurants and professional services. His reports have been used for a variety of purposes, including ownership entrances and exits, nonqualified deferred compensation, intergenerational gifting, divorce and business disputes.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Bob has assisted clients on both the sell side and the buy side, and has assisted many clients with due diligence, discovery of undisclosed assets and liabilities, and quality of earnings analysis. After the analysis was complete, he has assisted in the drafting of transactional documents, income tax and transactional tax issues. His deals have included both US and foreign companies and principals. Bob has also filled in as interim Controller/CFO until the client could arrange permanent staffing.
Bob has provided services and testified as an expert witness in both depositions and trials on a variety of issues, including business valuations, damage calculations, undisclosed and concealed assets and liabilities and income tax implications. He has also analyzed and critiqued the work of other experts, participated in the drafting of complaints, discovery and settlement negotiations.
Bob has extensive experience with multistate and multinational business entities, including nexus/permanent establishment issues, tax planning, structuring transactions to legally avoid taxation, income tax compliance and audit representation. He has assisted international clients with Subpart F, transfer pricing, value added tax and repatriation of profit issues as well as related compliance. He has also represented very high income/net worth individuals.
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (Accounting), Baldwin Wallace University
- Business valuation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Litigation support and expert witness testimony
- Fraud and forensic accounting
- High income/high net worth entrepreneurial tax planning and compliance
- US and International tax.
- ABV (Accredited in Business Valuation)
- CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics)
- CGMA (Chartered Global Management Accountant)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Forensic and Valuation Services Section, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Worthington Estate Planning Council